As if being hit by a shock wave, I, who fell asleep suddenly woke up.
It was thirty-three past six, I looked around; It was shiny bright outside.
Then I sat down, glanced at the rising sun. The sun looks round like a full moon, and its red-light looked beautiful through the window without curtains.
I lay my body back, closed my eyes, then recited some affirmations before starting my morning activities.
In the middle of reciting the affirmations, the beauty of the sun that I saw earlier distract my concentration.
I have to take a picture.
I got out of bed, took my cellphone, and walked to the balcony where I could see it more clearly. I stared at it to enjoy its beauty. As I remember, I had never seen the morning sun round fully without making my eyes dazzled, except when it was late afternoon as it was going to set. Even it was infrequently looked full, more often, it was only visible a half because the other half covered by clouds.
I started shooting it with a cellphone camera and I was a little disappointed. The bright red color faded; it wasn’t as beautiful as it looks. I go back to the bed, and lie down, and close my eyes, and relax my body: I redo reciting my affirmations.
I used to do positive affirmations when I first wake up or in the evening just before going to sleep to motivate myself, encourage positive changes in my life, or boost my self-esteem.
Sometimes, I find myself getting caught up in negative self-talk, I use positive affirmations to combat these often subconscious patterns and replace them with more adaptive narratives.
In one article I read were said daily affirmations are designed to alter the beliefs about oneself, so one thinks more positively about herself. It was also to be like the psychological immune system. When something knocks one down, one can use affirmations to pick one back up.
And when it used for language learning, positive affirmations can help a learner eliminate the fear that’s holding one back when trying to reach a higher level of proficiency in one target language.
So, I do the affirmation to eliminate my fear as recently I started to challenge myself to write in English, every day, again.
Here are some positive affirmations I liked that I gathered from YouTube and rewrote them to suit my goals.
- I love speaking and writing in English.
- I feel so incredible as my abilities in English improve.
- My language abilities become stronger each day.
- My mind is clear and my thoughts are focused.
- I can easily improve my skills and abilities in any language.
- The tranquility of my mind helps me to absorb new writing skills quickly and efficiently.
- I enjoy speaking in English and having conversations with others.
- I read and write English with ease and skill.
- My calm mind helps me to retain and learn new information with ease.
- I easily comprehend and learn from what I read.
- I concentrate and learn English at a rapid pace.
- Every day I wake up more excited to read and learn new things in English.
- Every day I wake up excited for new insights and opportunities into my English writing skills.
- I am grateful for my increasing abilities in English.
- Soon my English will be absolutely perfect.
- I was born to read and write English well.
- My mind is a sponge that can capture and retain large amounts of information.
- My ability to improve my speaking, reading, and writing in English is incredible.